From: Oscar Chappel
Subject: Harlequin LispWorks and CORBA
I am using Harlequin LispWorks and the Harlequin ORB to implement an
application that requires CORBA to accomplish the task at hand.  I have
been able to execute the task with a single CORBA object but have not
been able to execute the same method in parallel with multiple CORBA
servers.

Does anyone know of a good source who might be able to help with this
challenge?
Thanks,
Oscar Chappel
·············@trcinc.com
From: ········@hotmail.com
Subject: General solutions to CORBA problem
In article <·················@trcinc.com>,
  Oscar Chappel <·············@trcinc.com> wrote:
> [snip] I have
> been able to execute the task with a single CORBA object but have not
> been able to execute the same method in parallel with multiple CORBA
> servers.

Dear Oscar,
Hi!  Hmmm!  Not really clear about what your problem is.  Would you
elaborate?  I do have a couple of suggestions:  1) look at /CORBA
Design Patterns/ by Malveau and Mowbray, pp. 198-201 describe the
Replication pattern where you distrubute what used to be one task to
many servers to distribute the load.

Also, you may be running the ORB in a single-threaded mode.  If that's
so, even oneway operations may cause a thread lock.  Check that, too.

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.