From: Vladimir Grabarchuk
Subject: You got questions - they got answers!
This is a virtual swap meet where for a nominal fee (you set the price)
you can get your technical questions answered within hours or get paid
for the answers/projects you provide to others:

http://www.hotdispatch.com/home?aff=378972011

This site is endorsed by Sun Microsystems.
Registration is free. Enjoy!

 Vladimir

We are the champions of the world...

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: You got questions - they got answers!
In article <·················@socal.rr.com>, Vladimir Grabarchuk
<········@socal.rr.com> wrote:

> This is a virtual swap meet where for a nominal fee (you set the price)
> you can get your technical questions answered within hours or get paid
> for the answers/projects you provide to others:
>
> http://www.hotdispatch.com/home?aff=378972011
>
> This site is endorsed by Sun Microsystems.
> Registration is free. Enjoy!
>
> --
>  Cheers,
>  Vladimir
>
> We are the champions of the world...

Okay, readers of this newsgroup - a question for you:

You might think that that posting was off topic. But
it's not really. Why? Any guesses? :-)

Rainer Joswig, ISION Internet AG, Harburger Schlossstra�e 1,
21079 Hamburg, Germany, Tel: +49 40 77175 226
Email: ·············@ision.de , WWW: http://www.ision.de/
From: Reini Urban
My guess: Paul Graham's latest webproject in clisp?

Rainer Joswig wrote:
> You might think that that posting was off topic. But
> it's not really. Why? Any guesses? :-)
--
Of course, postmodernism has taught us that there is no objective
reality
From: Reini Urban
Reini Urban wrote:
>My guess: Paul Graham's latest webproject in clisp?

My and tim's guesses were almost okay. Have you found it out now?
Look at their press releases and the cl-http sources (lambda vista is my
tip)

Really enlightning to me that more and more dynamic features become
popular, esp. with the internet and dynamic components.
If you read the COM+ articles at
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/compluscouple.htm
you see that MS now supports dynamic events, distributed object creation
on-the-fly and even implementation inheritance (subclassing at the
client-side) for their ORB.
  See also http://www.microsoft.com/msj/1297/complus2/complus2.htm

They talk about Visual Studio but everybody knows that no VS language
can actually handle what they are planning. (Pythonwin -the hard way-
and ACL only can actually provide dynamic OLE objects. Some other
schemes and lisps will follow soon, but Java or VB?)

Neither Java nor perl could provide the needed functionality so they had
to use CL-HTTP. Good signs for the future.
From: Tim Bradshaw
* Rainer Joswig wrote:

> Okay, readers of this newsgroup - a question for you:

> You might think that that posting was off topic. But
> it's not really. Why? Any guesses? :-)

It lives in cambridge and there's a whole load of ex-MIT people there
so it's probably in Lisp or Scheme or something.

--tim
From: William Deakin
Tim wrote:

> It lives in cambridge

which cambridge? :)

Best Regards,

:) will
From: Tim Bradshaw
* William Deakin wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>> It lives in cambridge

> which cambridge? :)

mass.
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <···············@cley.com>, Tim Bradshaw <···@cley.com>
wrote:

> * Rainer Joswig wrote:
>
> > Okay, readers of this newsgroup - a question for you:
>
> > You might think that that posting was off topic. But
> > it's not really. Why? Any guesses? :-)
>
> It lives in cambridge and there's a whole load of ex-MIT people there
> so it's probably in Lisp or Scheme or something.

Good guess.

From: Michael L. Harper
Actually, I am pretty sure this is the company where Scott McKay
(formerly Harlequin, formerly Symbolics, former CLIM developer) landed.
Ironic that a company intended to connect Java developers with
work/support bases itself on CL technology.

Mike