From: Amar Arsikere
Subject: embedding lisp in C prgrms
Hi,

I am planning to use snippets of lisp
programs in a big C project to take
advantage of lisp's expressive language
but at the same time, I want to build it
into the C executable.

What tools are available to achieve this.
I can preprocess the C files to cut out
these lisp programs and build it into a
different object files.

But, was wondering if I can download the
complete source of lisp language implementation
- Are they all written in C.

Any pointers would help?

Thnx

From: F. Heinrichmeyer
Subject: Re: embedding lisp in C prgrms
look for ecolisp (e stands for embedded, co for common) at

http://www.elwoodcorp.com/alu/

--
Fritz Heinrichmeyer ··························@fernuni-hagen.de
FernUniversitaet Hagen, LG ES, 58084 Hagen (Germany)
From: Grégory Jan
Look at this site, it's XLisp and it's what i'm
using in my recent development.
You'll find sources and docs. It's really good.

http://www.mv.com/ipusers/xlisper/
of David Betz

for DOS/Windows and UNIX

GREG
French Game Developper

From: Laurent Martelli

  Amar> Hi, I am planning to use snippets of lisp programs in a big C
  Amar> project to take advantage of lisp's expressive language but at
  Amar> the same time, I want to build it into the C executable.

There's guile, but it's scheme, not lisp :

        http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/guile.html

--
Laurent Martelli
········@iie.cnam.fr
From: Christian Jullien
"Amar Arsikere" <········@notes.teradyne.com> wrote in message
··················@notes.teradyne.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to use snippets of lisp
> programs in a big C project to take
> advantage of lisp's expressive language
> but at the same time, I want to build it
> into the C executable.

if you want a commercial support (source can be provided)

www.eligis.com contains all informations about OpenLisp which is ISO/IEC
13816 ISLISP compilant and perfect for embedding lisp into C/C++. It can be
embbeded with CORBA/DCOM also.

regards
From: Brett Viren
Amar Arsikere <········@notes.teradyne.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am planning to use snippets of lisp
> programs in a big C project to take
> advantage of lisp's expressive language
> but at the same time, I want to build it
> into the C executable.

I haven't heard this mentioned yet, but you may want to take a look at
`rep' the lisp interpreter used in the `sawmill' window manager.  It
is fast and light but may (I am no expert so check) not have all CL in
it (it does seem to be enough to power a window manager and an emacs
like editor, so it's probably good enough).  The author's (John
Harper) stuff is at:

	http://www.dcs.warwick.ac.uk/~john/sw/index.html

-Brett.
From: Ben Goetter
In article <··············@bamboo.physics.sunysb.edu>,
······@superk.physics.sunysb.edu says...
> I haven't heard this mentioned yet, but you may want to take a look at
> `rep' the lisp interpreter used in the `sawmill' window manager.

librep is a Lisp-1, not a Lisp-N like CL.  Might as well use a standard
Lisp-1 like Scheme.
From: Brett Viren
Ben Goetter <·······@angrygraycat.com.xyz> writes:

> In article <··············@bamboo.physics.sunysb.edu>,
> ······@superk.physics.sunysb.edu says...
> > I haven't heard this mentioned yet, but you may want to take a look at
> > `rep' the lisp interpreter used in the `sawmill' window manager.
>
> librep is a Lisp-1, not a Lisp-N like CL.  Might as well use a standard
> Lisp-1 like Scheme.

I am new to lisp and scheme.  What does Lisp-1 and Lisp-N mean?

-Brett.
From: Ben Goetter
In article <··············@bamboo.physics.sunysb.edu>,
······@superk.physics.sunysb.edu says...
> I am new to lisp and scheme.  What does Lisp-1 and Lisp-N mean?

A Lisp-1 is a Lisp with all symbols resolving to values within a single
namespace.  A Lisp-N is a Lisp with 'N' separate namespaces, where N > 1.
Scheme is a Lisp-1.  CL contains FUNCALL, FUNCTION, etc. because it is a
Lisp-N.  This is one of the fundamental differences between the Lisp of
Scheme and the Lisp of CL.

Deja this group for (Lisp-1 OR Lisp1) for further discussion thereon.
From: Dave Pearson
On 24 Dec 1999 08:24:56 -0500, Brett Viren <······@superk.physics.sunysb.edu> wrote:

> I haven't heard this mentioned yet, but you may want to take a look at
> `rep' the lisp interpreter used in the `sawmill' window manager. It is
> fast and light but may (I am no expert so check) not have all CL in it (it
> does seem to be enough to power a window manager and an emacs like editor,
> so it's probably good enough).

No, rep doesn't much resemble CL. Imagine something a little like emacs lisp
minus dynamic scope and with a single namespace and you've pretty much got
rep.

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: | festival.jl - Make sawmill talk.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |  keydrag.jl - Drag windows from keyboard.