From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: [Q] Tk for Common Lisp?
I'm sorry to ask this if it's a FAQ (didn't find one on rtfm.mit.edu).
I've been programming Tcl/Tk for a little while, mostly because of the
Tk GUI.  I don't particularly like Tcl, though, so for serious scripting
and as an application extension language I've decided to learn Common
Lisp instead.  I therefore ask; Are there any Common Lisp bindings for Tk?

  Lars J

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: [Q] Tk for Common Lisp?
Lars J. Aas <·····@sim.no> wrote:
> Are there any Common Lisp bindings for Tk?

I found www.lisp.org after posting, so there is no need in answering.

Maybe I should check out porting Tk to gcl myself...  Is there a
particular reason why it hasn't already been done?  Are the other
GUI toolkits much better?  Is Tk designed too poorly to work with
Lisp?

  Lars J
From: see.signature
I think gcl already has a tk binding.

MArc

On 9 Dec 1999 15:09:21 GMT, Lars J. Aas <·····@sim.no> wrote:
>Lars J. Aas <·····@sim.no> wrote:
>> Are there any Common Lisp bindings for Tk?
>
>I found www.lisp.org after posting, so there is no need in answering.
>
>Maybe I should check out porting Tk to gcl myself...  Is there a
>particular reason why it hasn't already been done?  Are the other
>GUI toolkits much better?  Is Tk designed too poorly to work with
>Lisp?
>
>  Lars J

email: marc dot hoffmann at users dot whh dot wau dot nl
From: Marco Antoniotti
·····@sim.no (Lars J. Aas) writes:

> I'm sorry to ask this if it's a FAQ (didn't find one on rtfm.mit.edu).
> I've been programming Tcl/Tk for a little while, mostly because of the
> Tk GUI.

I know of no other reason for programmin with Tcl/Tk. :)

Cheers

http://www.parades.rm.cnr.it/~marcoxa