From: Arthur T. Murray
Subject: Re: APL vs. Array Programming Languages
The benighted nominalist Stevan Apter, ·····@panix.com, wrote:

> well jim, i guess you just sail right past what i write,
> since i am in the habit of referring collectively to
> APLs as "APLs".  (see?)  [...]

Snipping Stevan Apter's "benighted" self-reference (nominally
reminiscent of F. Nietzsche's "allubliche geistige Umnachtung"),
we interrupt this Minskyan thread based on the attribution

            Back in December 1983, Jerry Pournelle
            mentioned in Byte that he had seen Marvin
            Minsky write a Turing Machine simulator
            as a one-liner in APL.

to exhort any array programmer to work on porting the arrays in
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7256/mind-fpc.html Mind.Forth
into APL qua APL or any other APL that can aplement neuronal fibers
as elements of arrays, with software flags standing in for synapses.

>         [...] we all know, at least in rough outline,
> the causal history of the ideas of array programming.
> j, k, and APL are forks off a single research program
> and a single intellectual tradition.  [...]

> Jim Lucas <····@novo.dk> wrote in message
>> Bob Hoekstra wrote in message <·················@merck.com>...
>>> Derek Peschel wrote:  [...]

>> Including K as an "array" programming language seems particularly
>> silly.  It does share some of APL's features, but arrays aren't
>> among them; its basic data structure is not arrays, but lists.

The LISt Processing language LISP is also a candidate for PD AI:
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7256/lisp.html LISP PD AI.