From: Bulent Murtezaoglu
Subject: VME Symbolics UX400S ??
I found this board while I was rummaging in the basement.
It appears to have an Ivory 2 chip, 48 rows x 4 cols of
memory chips (marked various ways with 4256 common to all).

I vaguely remember grabbing this from some pile after
missing a Symbolics/TI clean up at school.

Is this the kind of VME Ivory board that plugs into a VME sparc?
If so where would one find the Genera that goes with it?

I'm more curious than serious about bringing it back to life
at this point, so please don't spend too much time replying.

thanks,

BM

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: VME Symbolics UX400S ??
In article <··············@kapi.internal>, Bulent Murtezaoglu <··@acm.org> wrote:

> Is this the kind of VME Ivory board that plugs into a VME sparc?

Yes.

> If so where would one find the Genera that goes with it?

You can get it from Symbolics.

You'd need a SPARC with VME bus and SUN OS 4.x, IIRC.
From: Carl Shapiro
······@lavielle.com (Rainer Joswig) writes:

[...]

> You'd need a SPARC with VME bus and SUN OS 4.x, IIRC.

The life support software supports VME Sun3's as well as Sun4's.
There is some code is conditionalized for the Sun4m, but I do not
believe that architecture was ever officially supported.

If anyone out there has actually gotten a UX400S or a UX1200S to work
with a Sun4 running SunOS 4.1.4, I would really like to hear about
your experiences.  Everything seems to work just fine, however the UX
will always "hang" (indefinably) after I :Set Site to load my local
name space.