From: OAu3587660
Subject: LAMBDA calculus help please
Please can anybody help me with these Lambda Calculus reductions.  They are
from past exam papers that I'm revising from the exam is on Monday :o) eeek.
I'm not sure if my answers are right and if not why not..I've got three big
books which don't go into much detail and that's about it so any detailed notes
on the topic would be very useful too.
Ok thanks in advance ..here are some of the expressions to be reduced using
alpha, beta and eta reductions.  I have been using normal order as opposed to
applicative as they will yield the result.
@=lambda
@xy is simplification of @x.(@y)

1.   	((@··@y.(y x)) @··@q.p) (@i.i)

2.	(((@xyz.((x y) z) @fa.(f a)) @i.i) @j.j)

3.	(@h.((@af.(f a) h) h) @f.(f f))

and if you're feeling really helpful
normal and applicative reductions of

4. 	(@x.xyxx)((@z.z)w)

5.	(@p.q)((@a.aa)(@b.bb))

Any help would be greatly appreciated especially if you could actually go
through have the normal order form is reached. I.e the steps involved

Thank you very much Oliver Austin

············@hotmail.com