From: Gary Curtis
Subject: Handling (or not) conditions
Hi,

I am trying to set up a condition handler in ACL 5.0 that
will decide whether or not to handle the condition. If it
decides to not handle the condition then I want the
condition to carry on up the chain as if the first handler
had never trapped it.

If I have the handler call #'error then I lose the context
of the original error and have an incomplete stack trace
in the debugger.

Can anyone suggest a way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Gary.
From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Handling (or not) conditions
In article <············@tomm.stsci.edu>,
Gary Curtis <······@radagast.sogs.stsci.edu> wrote:
>I am trying to set up a condition handler in ACL 5.0 that
>will decide whether or not to handle the condition. If it
>decides to not handle the condition then I want the
>condition to carry on up the chain as if the first handler
>had never trapped it.

You have to use HANDLER-BIND.  If it decides to handle the condition, it
should do so and perform a non-local transfer of control.  If it doesn't
want to handle the condition it should return and the system will continue
searching for another handler.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com