From: Julian Einwag
Subject: XEmacs, ELI and font-lock-mode.
Hello,

I've got a problem regarding ACL's emacs interface and font-lock-mode:
After loading ELI, new buffers aren't fontified automatically, except
for LISP buffers. Calling font-lock-mode again doesn't help, it only
affects the active buffer. I'm using XEmacs 20.4.
Any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Julian

--
This is my world, and I am World Leader Pretend,
This is my life, and this is my time,

From: Eugene Zaikonnikov
Subject: Re: XEmacs, ELI and font-lock-mode.
Julian Einwag <······@brightstar.swin.de> wrote in message
···················@brightstar.swin.de...
> Hello,
>
> I've got a problem regarding ACL's emacs interface and font-lock-mode:
> After loading ELI, new buffers aren't fontified automatically, except
> for LISP buffers. Calling font-lock-mode again doesn't help, it only
> affects the active buffer. I'm using XEmacs 20.4.
> Any hints?
FWIW, here's what I have in my .emacs.

;; Fontification
(global-font-lock-mode t)
(setq font-lock-support-mode 'lazy-lock-mode)
(setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t )
(show-paren-mode 1)

And it works with ACL.

--
    Eugene.
From: Jan Vroonhof
"Eugene Zaikonnikov" <······@removeme.cit.org.by> writes:

> > I've got a problem regarding ACL's emacs interface and font-lock-mode:
> > After loading ELI, new buffers aren't fontified automatically, except
> > for LISP buffers.

I don't  understand this sentence. What exactly is the problem?

I guess ELI is modifying some hook and doing it wrongly.

> > affects the active buffer. I'm using XEmacs 20.4.
> > Any hints?
> FWIW, here's what I have in my .emacs.

That won't work for him. What you wrote is GNU Emacs specific.

Jan
From: Julian Einwag
Jan Vroonhof <········@frege.math.ethz.ch> writes:

> "Eugene Zaikonnikov" <······@removeme.cit.org.by> writes:
>
> > > I've got a problem regarding ACL's emacs interface and font-lock-mode:
> > > After loading ELI, new buffers aren't fontified automatically, except
> > > for LISP buffers.
>
> I don't  understand this sentence. What exactly is the problem?

When ELI is loaded and I open a file (which doesn't contain CL-code) in
XEmacs, the newly created buffer is not fontified automatically. To get
syntax highlighting in this buffer, I have to call font-lock-mode again
(although font-lock-mode is already called at startup in ~/.emacs).
Only in buffers in ELI's common-lisp-mode syntax highlighting is enabled
automatically.
Without ELI, everything works fine.

From: Jan Vroonhof
[I set the follow up to comp.emacs.xemacs]

Julian Einwag <······@brightstar.swin.de> writes:

> When ELI is loaded and I open a file (which doesn't contain CL-code) in
> XEmacs, the newly created buffer is not fontified automatically. So only
> buffers in ELI's common-lisp-mode are fontified without calling
> font-lock-mode again.

Does this happen for all new buffers or just for the ones that are in
Lisp mode?

Does ELI add anything to any hook variables?

Jan