From: ·····@my-dejanews.com
Subject: Java-Lisp Implementation
I am looking for a Lisp interpreter/compiler written in java to build on. I
have worked on lisp interpreters previously, and would like to make a
distributed_lisp.
These are dreams of a newbie to both programming in java and distributed apps.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

PS: please email responses to ·········@rocketmail.com. Can't read newsgrps at
work ;-)

Ed

From: Jim White
Subject: Re: Java-Lisp Implementation
·····@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<············@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>I am looking for a Lisp interpreter/compiler written in java to build
on. I
>have worked on lisp interpreters previously, and would like to make a
>distributed_lisp.

There are over a dozen LISPs listed at:
<http://grunge.cs.tu-berlin.de/~tolk/vmlanguages.html>

I strongly recommend Kawa, the Java-based Scheme system:
<http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner/kawa.html>

jim
James P. White             Netscape DevEdge Champion for IFC
IFC Exchange  -  Insanely great Java  -  http://www.ifcx.org
From: Jason Trenouth
On Fri, 02 Apr 1999 16:35:30 GMT, ·····@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> I am looking for a Lisp interpreter/compiler written in java to build on. I
> have worked on lisp interpreters previously, and would like to make a
> distributed_lisp.
> These are dreams of a newbie to both programming in java and distributed apps.
> Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
>
> PS: please email responses to ·········@rocketmail.com. Can't read newsgrps at
> work ;-)

You don't need Java to do distributed programming in Common Lisp. You also
don't need to compile Lisp to the JavaVM in order to talk to Java components.

Check out the CORBA support for Common Lisp provided by Harlequin, Franz, and
Xerox.

__Jason