From: Scorzelli Giorgio
Subject: JAVA AND CLISP
I have a Java Appllication that is supposed to comunicate with a CLISP
program. How can I make the connection (I had a lot of trouble by
capturing the default Input/Output Stream of the process in Java
because CLisp seems not to handle different streams)?

From: Jim White
Subject: Re: JAVA AND CLISP
Scorzelli Giorgio wrote in message
<················@news.flashnet.it>...
>I have a Java Appllication that is supposed to comunicate with a CLISP
>program. How can I make the connection (I had a lot of trouble by
>capturing the default Input/Output Stream of the process in Java
>because CLisp seems not to handle different streams)?

Your question is rather general and so doesn't offer much in the way of
information needed to determine the best approach, but I can offer a
general sort of answer.

Have you considered using JNI (Java Native Interface)?
<http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/guide/jni/index.html>

jim
James P. White             Netscape DevEdge Champion for IFC
IFC Exchange  -  Insanely great Java  -  http://www.ifcx.org
From: Jason Trenouth
On Thu, 01 Apr 1999 07:51:43 GMT, ···········@flashnet.it (Scorzelli Giorgio)
wrote:

> I have a Java Appllication that is supposed to comunicate with a CLISP
> program. How can I make the connection (I had a lot of trouble by
> capturing the default Input/Output Stream of the process in Java
> because CLisp seems not to handle different streams)?

How about using CORBA? This lets the Java and Common Lisp programs simply make
function calls on objects in order to communicate. The details are taken care
of by the ORB(s). Harlequin, Franz, and Xerox have Common Lisp ORBs. There are
loads of Java ORBs.

__Jason