From: JMH
Subject: Mac compatible lisp compiler?
Hi everyone,

Does anyone out there know where I can find a Mac compatible LISP
compiler?  Please e-mail me.  I need it for a class I'm taking in AI.

Thanks in advance,

Judy

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: Mac compatible lisp compiler?
In article <·················@ix.netcom.com>, ····@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone out there know where I can find a Mac compatible LISP
> compiler?  Please e-mail me.  I need it for a class I'm taking in AI.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Judy

Macintosh Common Lisp:
http://www.digitool.com/
From: ·············@inmarsat.org
In article <·················@ix.netcom.com>,
  ····@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone out there know where I can find a Mac compatible LISP
> compiler?  Please e-mail me.  I need it for a class I'm taking in AI.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Judy

MCL is definitely the best if you are going to be working with LISP a lot -
but you might also want to try
http://www.crl.com/~rgcorman/PowerLisp/PowerLisp.html

Good luck in your class,

Colin

From: Steven D. Majewski
In article <·················@ix.netcom.com>, JMH  <····@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>Does anyone out there know where I can find a Mac compatible LISP
>compiler?  Please e-mail me.  I need it for a class I'm taking in AI.

There is also XlispStat, which has a bytecode-VM compiler that is
portable to several systems including Mac, windows and unix.

        http://www.stat.umn.edu/~luke/xls/xlsinfo/
        http://www.xlispstat.org
        http://www.stat.ucla.edu

There is a new version of the compiler in testing -- there are notes
in the Projects section of that first URL, and in a paper on future
directions.

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <·····@Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---

"I'm not as big a fool as I used to be, I'm a smaller fool." - Jack Kerouac
Some of the Dharma  <http://members.aol.com/kerouacsis/SomeDharma.html>