From: Matt Kressel
Subject: ACL for Linux
Hello,

	I have installed ACL for Linux v. 4.3.  I am assuming
this has no GUI interface?  I have XFree86 on the PC and I was
hoping that ACL had some sort of IDE to build code.  Is there
any such thing for Linux (besides xemacs)?

-Matt

--
Matthew O. Kressel | INTERNET: ···············@atdc.northgrum.com
+---------  Northrop Grumman Corporation, Bethpage, NY ---------+

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: ACL for Linux
In article <·················@atdc.northgrum.com>, Matt Kressel
<···············@atdc.northgrum.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         I have installed ACL for Linux v. 4.3.  I am assuming
> this has no GUI interface?  I have XFree86 on the PC and I was
> hoping that ACL had some sort of IDE to build code.  Is there
> any such thing for Linux (besides xemacs)?
>
> -Matt

See what Franz has to offer for ACL 5.0. They are supporting
more stuff under Linux now - although commercial I guess.

See:  http://www.franz.com/news/cn.main.html#_comlinux
From: Matthew D Allen
······@lavielle.com (Rainer Joswig) writes:

>In article <·················@atdc.northgrum.com>, Matt Kressel
><···············@atdc.northgrum.com> wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>>         I have installed ACL for Linux v. 4.3.  I am assuming
>> this has no GUI interface?  I have XFree86 on the PC and I was
>> hoping that ACL had some sort of IDE to build code.  Is there
>> any such thing for Linux (besides xemacs)?
>>
>> -Matt

Nope the version that you downloaded doesn't have any support for X
other than Xemacs which you mentioned.  What did you expect for a free
implementation?  :)

I kinda think of it as the jdk of lisp for linux

s2mdalle

>See what Franz has to offer for ACL 5.0. They are supporting
>more stuff under Linux now - although commercial I guess.

>See:  http://www.franz.com/news/cn.main.html#_comlinux
--
http://members.xoom.com/yurtle/index.html
Isabelle stared down into her bowl of Alphabet Soup.  Will I ever find
From: Mike McDonald
In article <···········@titan.vcu.edu>,
	········@titan.vcu.edu (Matthew D Allen) writes:
> ······@lavielle.com (Rainer Joswig) writes:
>
>>In article <·················@atdc.northgrum.com>, Matt Kressel
>><···············@atdc.northgrum.com> wrote:
>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>         I have installed ACL for Linux v. 4.3.  I am assuming
>>> this has no GUI interface?  I have XFree86 on the PC and I was
>>> hoping that ACL had some sort of IDE to build code.  Is there
>>> any such thing for Linux (besides xemacs)?
>>>
>>> -Matt
>
> Nope the version that you downloaded doesn't have any support for X
> other than Xemacs which you mentioned.  What did you expect for a free
> implementation?  :)

  ACL 4.3 for Linux does come with CLX!

  Mike McDonald
  ·······@mikemac.com