From: =?euc-kr?B?vufH0bHZ?=
Subject: How can I get the LISP?
How can I get the LISP lang. ?

Isn't it free? I don't know about it well...

If it is free, please tell me where is the LISP. please~~

Good bye~~

From: Klaus Schilling
Subject: Re: How can I get the LISP?
"=?euc-kr?B?vufH0bHZ?=" <·······@netsgo.com> writes:

> How can I get the LISP lang. ?
>
> Isn't it free? I don't know about it well...
>
> If it is free, please tell me where is the LISP. please~~
>
> Good bye~~

There's no such thing as THE lisp thing. Consult the faq of comp.lang.lisp for
the many available versions, distributions, dialects etc.

Klaus Schilling
From: Matthew D Allen
Klaus Schilling <···············@home.ivm.de> writes:

>"=?euc-kr?B?vufH0bHZ?=" <·······@netsgo.com> writes:

>> How can I get the LISP lang. ?
>>
>> Isn't it free? I don't know about it well...
>>
>> If it is free, please tell me where is the LISP. please~~
>>
>> Good bye~~

The quick answer is this:  for linux there is a free version available
at www.franz.com and for windows there is a crippleware program by the
same company at the same site.  Also worth checking out is CMU CL,
look at cs.cmu.edu or something to find that.  Those are the only two
packages I've used.

--
http://members.xoom.com/yurtle/index.html
Isabelle stared down into her bowl of Alphabet Soup.  Will I ever find
From: Mike McDonald
In article <···········@titan.vcu.edu>,
	········@titan.vcu.edu (Matthew D Allen) writes:
> Klaus Schilling <···············@home.ivm.de> writes:
>
>>"=?euc-kr?B?vufH0bHZ?=" <·······@netsgo.com> writes:
>
>>> How can I get the LISP lang. ?
>>>
>>> Isn't it free? I don't know about it well...
>>>
>>> If it is free, please tell me where is the LISP. please~~
>>>
>>> Good bye~~
>
> The quick answer is this:  for linux there is a free version available
> at www.franz.com and for windows there is a crippleware program by the
> same company at the same site.  Also worth checking out is CMU CL,
> look at cs.cmu.edu or something to find that.  Those are the only two
> packages I've used.

  CMUCL is at www.cons.org/cmucl.

  Mike McDonald
  ·······@mikemac.com
From: Peter Van Eynde
On 16 Sep 1998 21:48:35 -0400, Matthew D Allen <········@titan.vcu.edu> wrote:
>The quick answer is this:  for linux there is a free version available
>at www.franz.com and for windows there is a crippleware program by the
>same company at the same site.  Also worth checking out is CMU CL,
>look at cs.cmu.edu or something to find that.  Those are the only two

Better look at www.cons.org/cmucl/.

Groetjes, Peter

--
It's logic Jim, but not as we know it.  ········@debian.org, ········@inthan.com
Look in keyservers for PGP key.
From: tgrzybow
I thought I should ask, what about the XLISP (xlispstat) language that is
provided in the Redhat Linux 5.0/5.1 distribution?  My limited experience
with this implementation has been positive.

Thomas Grzybowski

From: Klaus Schilling
tgrzybow <········@ct2.nai.net> writes:

> I thought I should ask, what about the XLISP (xlispstat) language that is
> provided in the Redhat Linux 5.0/5.1 distribution?  My limited experience
> with this implementation has been positive.

Can Xlisp be run on a textconsole?

Klaus Schilling
From: Christopher B. Browne
On 18 Sep 1998 10:13:30 +0200, Klaus Schilling <···············@home.ivm.de> posted:
>tgrzybow <········@ct2.nai.net> writes:
>
>> I thought I should ask, what about the XLISP (xlispstat) language that is
>> provided in the Redhat Linux 5.0/5.1 distribution?  My limited experience
>> with this implementation has been positive.
>
>Can Xlisp be run on a textconsole?

Yes.

Xlisp is a venerable Lisp system that (for instance) predates Linux.
It provided personal computer users on early microcomputer platforms
with a taste of Lisp.

Unfortunately, it was somewhat slow, being a not-highly-developed
interpreted Lisp system.  It is arguable that this implementation
might be "to blame" for the common perception that Lisp is an
interpreted language.

-- Henry Spencer          <http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/lsf.html>
········@hex.net - "What have you contributed to Linux today?..."