From: David Steuber "The Interloper
Subject: Homework questions, IMPLODE and EXPLODE
Interestingly, these are also already covered in the FAQ.  As Kent
Pitman suggested, homework questions are strongly discouraged.  The
answer to the IMPLODE, EXPLODE question is also given, along with a
reason why you would still use it (converting MACLISP to CL).

I haven't been through all the FAQs yet.  They are quite extensive.
Even my prior post on the difference between CL and Scheme is covered.

Since the FAQs are so extensive, if someone does ask a question
answered there, perhaps the best solution is to post a response
containing the URL to the FAQ document that answers the question.

In case you don't pull down the entire news group like I do for
off-line reading, the FAQ can be chased down via the ALU site which
can be chased down via cons.org.  I forgot to mail my self the URL so
that I could post a direct link.  I will try to do that tomorrow.  Or
better yet, I will try to just post it directly through dejanews.  I
believe the FAQ is kept at cs.cmu.edu somewhere, along with an archive
of this news group, if they are still doing that.

Not only will Kent's diatribe on the theft of intellectual property
live on in dejanews, but it may also be archived by cmu within the
week.  Of course, Kent has already achieved celestial status with his
HyperSpec and contributions to CLtL2 and other things.

--
David Steuber (ver 1.31.2a)
http://www.david-steuber.com

So I have this chicken, see?  And it hatched from this egg, see?  But
the egg wasn't laid by a chicken.  It was cross-laid by a turkey.
From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Re: Homework questions, IMPLODE and EXPLODE
I believe that the instructors who give out these exercises should be
assigned a homework as well.

"Write a report on the evolution of Lisp and freinds from 1980 to
1998."

Cheers

tel. +39 - (0)6 - 68 10 03 16, fax. +39 - (0)6 - 68 80 79 26
http://www.parades.rm.cnr.it