From: Klaus LEOPOLD
Subject: Lisp-Editor
Hello!
Is there someone who knows an editor for LISP-SOURCE-CODE. I just need an
editor which marks me all opened parenthesis and so on....

thanx in advance, Klaus

········@teleweb.at

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Lisp-Editor
In article <··························@ggraf>,
Klaus LEOPOLD <········@teleweb.at> wrote:
>Hello!
>Is there someone who knows an editor for LISP-SOURCE-CODE. I just need an
>editor which marks me all opened parenthesis and so on....

Emacs

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
From: Klaus Schilling
"Klaus LEOPOLD" <········@teleweb.at> writes:

> Hello!
> Is there someone who knows an editor for LISP-SOURCE-CODE. I just need an
> editor which marks me all opened parenthesis and so on....

GNU Emacs is the best possible editor for source code.

	Klaus Schilling
From: Mike McDonald
In article <··············@ivm.de>,
	Klaus Schilling <···············@home.ivm.de> writes:
> "Klaus LEOPOLD" <········@teleweb.at> writes:
>
>> Hello!
>> Is there someone who knows an editor for LISP-SOURCE-CODE. I just need an
>> editor which marks me all opened parenthesis and so on....
>
> GNU Emacs is the best possible editor for source code.
>
> 	Klaus Schilling

  With the exception of Xemacs! :-)

  Mike McDonald
  ·······@mikemac.com
From: See sig for reply
On 20 Oct 1998, Klaus Schilling wrote:

> "Klaus LEOPOLD" <········@teleweb.at> writes:
>
> > Is there someone who knows an editor for LISP-SOURCE-CODE. I just need an
> > editor which marks me all opened parenthesis and so on....
>
> GNU Emacs is the best possible editor for source code.

Well, I tried editing with Editplus. It is configurable for different
languages, highlights keywords etc.
And it small and easy to learn.
May be a low-spec alternative.
If memory serves, info can be found at http://www.editplus.com.

Cheers,
	Detlef.

+++
no archive: yes

--
Detlef Marxsen at 53 27 N 09 57 E.
Due to bad spam experience, my header is faked. To send email to me
From: Donald Fisk
Klaus Schilling wrote:

> GNU Emacs is the best possible editor for source code.

No, it's the best *available* editor.

--
Le Hibou (mo bheachd fh�in: my own opinion)
"it's just that in C++ and the like, you don't trust _anybody_,
From: rusty craine
You didn't mention what platform you were using or a price range.  If it
happened to be DOS and $250 was in the price range, it is very hard to beat
LUGARU Epsilon Editor (very emacs-ish). It has a c-like extension language
(EEL).  There are a great many FTP sites that have free marco's in EEL.  A
smaller DOS emacs-ish editor that is freeware or shareware (don't recall) is
Jove.
I think LUGARU is at LUGARU.com
rusty
ps as much time as we spend with an editor, a little money spent on a good
product can return your invest many fold.

From: Marco Antoniotti
"rusty craine" <········@flash.net> writes:

> You didn't mention what platform you were using or a price range.  If it
> happened to be DOS and $250 was in the price range, it is very hard to beat
> LUGARU Epsilon Editor (very emacs-ish). It has a c-like extension language
> (EEL).

#+:FLAME-BAIT-AHEAD
Why pay $250 to have an editor with a "C like extension language" when
you can have the real thing? :)

tel. +39 - (0)6 - 68 10 03 16, fax. +39 - (0)6 - 68 80 79 26
http://www.parades.rm.cnr.it
From: rusty craine
hmmmm is there a emacs for DOS.  I'm new to freeware...used to paying for
what you get and getting what you pay for.

ayn rand capitalist pig
rusty
(and programmers wonder why they don't make the big $$$$)