From: Marc Mertens
Subject: Lisp source level debugger LISP DEBUG Version 0.8 released
Hello,

I'm pleased to announce version 0.8 LISP DEBUG , a sourcelevel debugger
for LISP.
It is a complete rewrite of the previous version with now support for
CMUCL,GCL,CLISP and
 ACL. For a more detailed description see the section hereafter.

You can find the lisp debugger at sunsite (use on of the following
URL's).

        http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/Incoming/lispdebug-0.8.lsm

http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/devel/lang/lisp/lispdebug-0.8.lsm

Happy lisping.

Marc Mertens
········@akam.be

What is LISP DEBUG.
===================

LISP DEBUG is a lisp source debugger , designed to work with GCL (GNU
COMMON LISP),
CMUCL (CMU COMMON LISP),ACL5 (Allegro Common Lisp V5) and CLISP.
LISP DEBUG is released using the GNU licence so you are free to use it.

LISP DEBUG has the following functionality :
        - Graphical interface.
        - Breakpoints (conditional or not) can be set using point and
click in the
          source.
        - Watchpoints on variables and expressions can be set using
point and click.
        - Evaluation of expressions during debugging is possible
        - Debug controls are :
                - Step , execute the next expression
                - Step Next , execute the next expression at the same
level as
                  the previous expression.
                - Next , indicate what the next expression is to stop
and start executing
                  untill this expressions is reached.
                - Continue, continue execution untill finish or the next

        - Profiling of code is possible.
        - Highlighting of executing code.
        - Support for debugging multiple source code.
        - Debug granullity is the lispform level , so much finer then
linelevel
          debugging.
        - Timetraveling , you can look at the lexical context of already
executed steps
          (compare this with frames).
        - You can extend the debugger using a special language that is
simular to the
          form definitions in CLTL2. This allows you to add support for
your own
          controlstructures added to lisp.
        - Designed to be portable to other lisp's or OS's

LISP DEBUG is developped and tested with the following code :
        - GCL-2.2.2.
        - CMUCL 18b.
        - CLISP (version 19980715)
        - ACL version 5
        - TCL 8.0 and Tk 8.0 or higher.
        - I'm only able to test LISP DEBUG on my 'linux' system but
installing it
          on other systems should be easy provided that :
                - The lisp is CLTL2 compliant
                - The lisp can use sockets.
                - TCL/TK libraries are available.
        - More porting information is available in the manual.