From: Billy Pace
Subject: OpenGL/Mesa with CMUCL or CLISP
Looking for OpenGL/Mesa interface to CMUCL or CLISP?

Thanks in advance

Billy Pace
·················@ligos.com

From: Jeffrey Mark Siskind
Subject: Re: OpenGL/Mesa with CMUCL or CLISP
> Looking for OpenGL/Mesa interface to CMUCL or CLISP?

Richard Mann has used FFIGEN to automatically parse the .h files for Xlib and
OpenGL/Mesa and automatically generate FFI bindings for a variety of Common
Lisp and Scheme implementations. I don't think that he has done this
specifically for CMUCL and CLISP (I know that he has done this for Allegro,
GCL, Scheme->C, and Stalin) but it should not be difficult to extend this to
CMUCL and CLISP. It should require only two macro definitions, each less than
a page. See http://www.neci.nj.nec.com/homepages/mann.

    Jeff (http://www.neci.nj.nec.com/homepages/qobi)
From: Martin Cracauer
Jeffrey Mark Siskind <····@research.nj.nec.com> writes:

>> Looking for OpenGL/Mesa interface to CMUCL or CLISP?

>Richard Mann has used FFIGEN to automatically parse the .h files for Xlib and
>OpenGL/Mesa and automatically generate FFI bindings for a variety of Common
>Lisp and Scheme implementations. I don't think that he has done this
>specifically for CMUCL and CLISP (I know that he has done this for Allegro,
>GCL, Scheme->C, and Stalin) but it should not be difficult to extend this to
>CMUCL and CLISP. It should require only two macro definitions, each less than
>a page. See http://www.neci.nj.nec.com/homepages/mann.

Can this handle "long long" integers (64-bit int on 32-bit machine)?
That's what CMUCL has the most difficulties with, since they have to
converted to a bignum and such conversion isn't part of CMUCL's alien
macros (yet).

Martin
From: Jeffrey Mark Siskind
> Can this handle "long long" integers (64-bit int on 32-bit machine)?

I don't know. I don't think so. But then again, I don't think Xlib and OpenGL
use 64 bit ints. But I may be wrong.

    Jeff (http://www.neci.nj.nec.com/homepages/qobi)
From: Juan Jose Garcia
Jeffrey Mark Siskind <····@research.nj.nec.com> writes:

> > Looking for OpenGL/Mesa interface to CMUCL or CLISP?
>
> Richard Mann has used FFIGEN to automatically parse the .h files for Xlib and
> OpenGL/Mesa and automatically generate FFI bindings for a variety of Common
> Lisp and Scheme implementations. I don't think that he has done this
> specifically for CMUCL and CLISP (I know that he has done this for Allegro,
> GCL, Scheme->C, and Stalin) but it should not be difficult to extend this to
> CMUCL and CLISP. It should require only two macro definitions, each less than
> a page. See http://www.neci.nj.nec.com/homepages/mann.
>
>     Jeff (http://www.neci.nj.nec.com/homepages/qobi)

No he has just done it for Allegro and GCL. But AFAIK translation to
CMULISP is trivial, just a matter of changing the macros in the
allegro-*.lisp files which parse the foreign declarations in
pseudo-lisp to native FFI.

	Juanjo