From: Josh Gardner
Subject: RE: FAQ and explode/ implode

Q: Is it appropriate to send mail to comp.lang.lisp asking for help
     with Lisp homework?

  A: In general, no.

Sorry! But thanks for setting me straight on this.

     The only circumstance in which you should ever even consider
     sending mail to comp.lang.lisp or another public forum asking
     for help is where you have (a) identified in the post that
     you are asking for help with homework, (b) included a partial
     result as proof you have made an attempt on your own, and
     (c) exhausted all other avenues for getting help through your
     school, class, instructor, etc.

Well, I did identify part (a), and as for b and c, I spent time working
out my own solution. In retrospect, I should have inculded in my
original posting that I was merely looking for some ideas on how to
write
implode and explode, and not a complete solution. So, I duly apologize
to anyone I may have inconvenienced, offended, etc. Hindsight is always
20/20.

Thanks to those who gave examples illustrating use of coerce, becuase I
was trying to use concatenate-strings, and it wasn't working like I
hoped.

Josh

--------------2345F81F380D9EA74EF70B21

<HTML>
<I>Q: Is it appropriate to send mail to comp.lang.lisp asking for help</I>
<BR><I>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; with Lisp homework?</I><I></I>

<P><I>&nbsp; A: In general, no.</I>
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>Sorry! But thanks for setting me straight on this.

<P><I>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The only circumstance in which you should
ever even consider</I>
<BR><I>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sending mail to comp.lang.lisp or another
public forum asking</I>
<BR><I>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; for help is where you have (a) identified
in the post that</I>
<BR><I>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; you are asking for help with homework,
(b) included a partial</I>
<BR><I>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; result as proof you have made an attempt
on your own, and</I>
<BR><I>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (c) exhausted all other avenues for getting
help through your</I>
<BR><I>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; school, class, instructor, etc.</I>
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>Well, I did identify part (a), and as for b and c, I spent time working
out my own solution. In retrospect, I should have inculded in my original
posting that I was merely looking for some ideas on how to write
<BR>implode and explode, and not a complete solution. So, I duly apologize
to anyone I may have inconvenienced, offended, etc. Hindsight is always
20/20.

<P>Thanks to those who gave examples illustrating use of coerce, becuase
I was trying to use concatenate-strings, and it wasn't working like I hoped.

<P>Josh
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------2345F81F380D9EA74EF70B21--