From: ·············@ispi.net
Subject: Common windows
Hi, all!

Does anybody knows information resources on common windows (books, internet)?

Thank you.
--
Stas Selitskiy

From: Chuck Fry
Subject: Re: Common windows
In article <············@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,  <·············@ispi.net> wrote:
>Does anybody knows information resources on common windows (books, internet)?

As far as I know, "Common Windows" is a product of Franz Inc., and is
available as part of its Allegro Common Lisp distribution.

You may want to look at CLM, a freeware portable Common Lisp binding for
Motif based on the widely available CLX, if portability is an issue.
 -- Chuck
--
	    Chuck Fry -- Jack of all trades, master of none
 ······@chucko.com (text only please)  ········@home.com (MIME enabled)
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <············@shell5.ba.best.com>, ······@best.com (Chuck Fry) wrote:

> In article <············@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,  <·············@ispi.net> wrote:
> >Does anybody knows information resources on common windows (books, internet)?
>
> As far as I know, "Common Windows" is a product of Franz Inc., and is
> available as part of its Allegro Common Lisp distribution.

I think you are right.

History:
From the KEE for the Symbolics manual set:

IntelliCorp Common Windows Manual, 1986:
"Acknowledgements
The principal desing of the Common Windows system was done by
Ellen Drascher and Kenny Tidwell at IntelliCorp...

1. Preface
1.1 What are Common Windows?

Common Windows is a comprehensive and flexible window system
built as an extension to Common Lisp. Common Windows was
derived primarily from the Interlisp-D and ZetaLisp
windowing systems...."

---

I think it is not widely used nowadays, but was once ported
to several machines and thought to develop into a standard.

--
http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig