From: Josh Gardner
Subject: Mandelbrot and Julia sets in LISP
Hello all!

I'm having some trouble implementing Mandlebrot sets in LISP. I
understand the formula pretty well, and that Julia Sets and Mandelbrot
sets both use the same formula.

The tough part is the Mandelbrot - The Julia set wa no problem, but the
Mandelbrot is confusing me.

Just so you don't think I posted to the wrong group - a similar message
is on sci.fractals.

But I also posted here becuase I know that you people know LISP!

So, if anybody could direct me to some source code that show the
different implemetation, or help to enlighten me, I would be most
appreciative

Thanks for your help!

Josh
From: Mark Watson
Subject: Re: Mandelbrot and Julia sets in LISP
Hello Josh,

My first LISP book for Springer-Verlag had some simple
examples of Mandelbrot, IFS, etc.  I think that the
book is out of print, but all of the source code is
available at my web site: www.markwatson.com (click
on the "Books" link", then click on the "Errata ... "
link. A simple plotting library is included for Macintosh
Common Lisp (for a version from 7 years ago!) and
the free educational version of Franz Lisp for windows.
It is my good intention to provide a plotlib soon for
Linux/Unix for CLISP and CLX.

Enjoy!,
Mark

Josh Gardner wrote:
> I'm having some trouble implementing Mandlebrot sets in LISP. I
> understand the formula pretty well, and that Julia Sets and Mandelbrot
> sets both use the same formula.

-- Mark Watson, consultant and author of 11 books on AI, Java, C++.
-- Please visit www.markwatson.com for Open Source Java, etc.