From: Dongilli Paolo 339876/IF
Subject: Lisp for Debian Linux
HELP!

Is there a GNU Debian Linux package of LISP?
I wait for your answers. Thank you.

	            			  Paolo Dongilli

              /-------------------------------------------------\
              |              ········@dei.unipd.it              |
              |-------------------------------------------------|

From: Fritz Heinrichmeyer
Subject: Re: Lisp for Debian Linux
I dont know of a package, but the home of the impressive ecolisp
(Embeddable Common Lisp) is not far from you:

http://www.di.unipi.it/~attardi/software.html

Also a look at
http://www.elwoodcorp.com/alu/table/systems.htm
may help.

--
Fritz Heinrichmeyer ··························@fernuni-hagen.de
FernUniversitaet Hagen, LG Elektronische Schaltungen, 58084 Hagen (Germany)
From: ······@cit.org.by
In article <········································@ogni10>,
  Dongilli Paolo 339876/IF <········@dei.unipd.it> wrote:
> HELP!
>
> Is there a GNU Debian Linux package of LISP?
> I wait for your answers. Thank you.

GNU Common Lisp (gcl) often comes with Linux distributions.

   Eugene

From: Peter Van Eynde
On Thu, 1 Oct 1998 12:13:14 +0200,
        Dongilli Paolo 339876/IF <········@dei.unipd.it> wrote:

unipd... aha Padova... Is Lisp also a course there?

>HELP!
>
>Is there a GNU Debian Linux package of LISP?
>I wait for your answers. Thank you.

We have:

 dists/stable/main/binary-i386/interpreters/clisp_1997-12-06-1.deb

A Common Lisp interpreter. Quite good for numerical work.

 dists/stable/main/binary-i386/math/xlispstat_3.52.0-3.deb

A lisp interpreter especially made for statistics. Not common lisp, but close.

 dists/stable/main/binary-i386/interpreters/gcl_2.2.1-2.deb

Gcl. The Gnu Common Lisp compiler, a bit old and not that supported.

 dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/devel/cmucl_2.4.5.deb

CMUCL. A Lisp Compiler. This is a variation of the stuff available from
www.cons.org, mostly support for glibc and adaptations to the Linux filesystem
standards. I'm working on a more up-to-date release, that will
hopefully make it into "slink", debian 2.1.

If I didn't have to do statistics, and my machine has enough memory (>= 32 MB)
I would choose CMUCL, if not clisp.

Oh. Also use the ilisp package under emacs.

Also there is ACL5 for personal use only from ftp.franz.com. It seems to work on
my machine. Maybe I'll do an "installer"-package for it...

Groetjes, Peter

--
It's logic Jim, but not as we know it.  ········@debian.org, ········@inthan.be
Look in keyservers for PGP key.
From: Steve Gonedes
········@mail.inthan.be (Peter Van Eynde) writes:

< CMUCL. A Lisp Compiler. This is a variation of the stuff available
< from www.cons.org, mostly support for glibc and adaptations to the
< Linux filesystem standards. I'm working on a more up-to-date
< release, that will hopefully make it into "slink", debian 2.1.

It now has a generational GC, threads, and of course native
compilation. Just thought I'd mention it.
From: Hannu Koivisto
Dongilli Paolo 339876/IF <········@dei.unipd.it> writes:

| Is there a GNU Debian Linux package of LISP?
| I wait for your answers. Thank you.

See packages cmucl, gcl and clisp in the distribution.

//Hannu