From: Matthias Buelow
Subject: clisp's socket interface
Hi folks,

I've been looking for information or documentation on how
to use the socket interface in clisp (on Unix) for the last
two days.
Obviously there is something, apropos gives me a couple of
function names that look rather promising, but describe
doesn't tell much about them.  I know that there's no real
online documentation for clisp, that's why I ask.  Is there
some information anywhere (short of grovelling through the
source) on how to use the socket interface?

--
  Matthias K. Buelow      * Boycott Micro$oft, see http://www.vcnet.com/bms/ *

From: Rob Warnock
Subject: Re: clisp's socket interface
Matthias Buelow <·····@cip.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
+---------------
| I've been looking for information or documentation on how
| to use the socket interface in clisp (on Unix) for the last
| two days.
+---------------

Look in $(CLISP_PATH)/doc/impnotes.txt very near the end, where
you'll find a few very brief but helpful notes on the functions
listed by (apropos 'socket).

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock, 8L-855		····@sgi.com
Applied Networking		http://reality.sgi.com/rpw3/
Silicon Graphics, Inc.		Phone: 650-933-1673
2011 N. Shoreline Blvd.		FAX: 650-964-0811
Mountain View, CA  94043	PP-ASEL-IA
From: Paolo Amoroso
On 30 Nov 1998 22:18:49 +0100, ·····@cip.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
(Matthias Buelow) wrote:

> I've been looking for information or documentation on how
> to use the socket interface in clisp (on Unix) for the last
> two days.

Check the file "impnotes.txt" included with the CLISP distribution.

Paolo
--
Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it>
From: David Steuber "The Interloper
Isn't there a (with-open-stream ) function that can be set to be a tcp
stream to a particular host?

--
David Steuber (ver 1.31.3a)
http://www.david-steuber.com

May the source be with you...
From: Matthias Buelow
In article <·················@news.newsguy.com>
········@david-steuber.com (David Steuber "The Interloper") writes:

>Isn't there a (with-open-stream ) function that can be set to be a tcp
>stream to a particular host?

As hinted by others, I have found a listing of socket functions in
<clispsrc>/src/_impnotes.txt.  These are only a few, but useful
functions -- the socket interface is very far from complete, though,
but you can at least write something like the following little finger
client:

(defvar *finger-port* 79)

(defun finger (user host)
  (let ((sock (socket-connect *finger-port* host)))
    (format sock "~A~%" user)
    (terpri)
    (do ((line
	  (read-line sock nil nil)