From: Thomas Jespersen
Subject: Re: Katarina Witt Playboy Photos - All for free! (Be 18+)
····@thredzone.com writes:

> YOU MUST BE 18+!!!!!
>
> This is it! the nude pictures of figure skater Katarina Witt, from
> the pages of Playboy are here for your viewing pleasure.

Maybe a bit offtopic for this newsgroup. And I am sure you got
permissions from Playboy, right?

From: Howard Brazee
Thomas Jespersen wrote:

> ····@thredzone.com writes:
>

> > YOU MUST BE 18+!!!!!
> >

> > This is it! the nude pictures of figure skater Katarina Witt, from
> > the pages of Playboy are here for your viewing pleasure.
> >

> Maybe a bit offtopic for this newsgroup. And I am sure you got
> permissions from Playboy, right?

Playboy prosecutes people who steal their images.  Reporting spammers to
Playboy works better than reporting them to ISPs.

Jack Rickard of PC BOARDWATCH magazine made an interesting observation
which goes against our current "protect the children" trend.  A 14 year
old boy wanting to look at nude pictures of young women is likely to be
natural and healthy.  A 41 year old man with a similar desire may
indicate a problem.
From: skidmike
From: Thomas Jespersen
skidmike <········@mindspring.com> writes:

> well, if the adult-material (not that there's anything wrong with that,
> it makes me feel like i'm a 14 y.o. again) spammers would have some
> universal way for us to kill-filter them....nah, too big-brotherish.
> personally, i just ignore them.

I have to say that I liked this spammers way of thinking though. It
seems as if he really thought about what newsgroups would be good to
spam with his xxx-site. "Hmm, who want to download nude-pictures,
yeah, those programmer newsgroups are all filled with nerds withough a
social life :)"..
From: Barry Margolin
In article <···············@hadrian.daimi.au.dk>,
Thomas Jespersen  <······@daimi.au.dk> wrote:
>I have to say that I liked this spammers way of thinking though. It
>seems as if he really thought about what newsgroups would be good to
>spam with his xxx-site. "Hmm, who want to download nude-pictures,
>yeah, those programmer newsgroups are all filled with nerds withough a
>social life :)"..

Do you really think he did it that way?  I assume he just posted to
thousands of newsgroups, in groups of 8 at a time to avoid the spam hippos.
It looks like he targeted comp.lang.* because his newsgroup list is in
alphabetical order.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
Don't bother cc'ing followups to me.
From: Kenny A. Chaffin
In article <················@burlma1-snr1.gtei.net>, ······@bbnplanet.com
says...
> In article <···············@hadrian.daimi.au.dk>,
> Thomas Jespersen  <······@daimi.au.dk> wrote:
> >I have to say that I liked this spammers way of thinking though. It
> >seems as if he really thought about what newsgroups would be good to
> >spam with his xxx-site. "Hmm, who want to download nude-pictures,
> >yeah, those programmer newsgroups are all filled with nerds withough a
> >social life :)"..
>
> Do you really think he did it that way?  I assume he just posted to
> thousands of newsgroups, in groups of 8 at a time to avoid the spam hippos.
> It looks like he targeted comp.lang.* because his newsgroup list is in
> alphabetical order.
>
> --
> Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com

The pictures weren't half bad though <g>...even though certainly a
violation of copyright.

--
KAC
Website Design, Programming, Graphics --> http://www.kacweb.com
From: skidmike
i take the nerd remark...no never mind.  ok, i take the needing to get a
social life....no never mind that, either.  hey, put up some good
binaries!  just kidding.  like i said before, some universal recognition
method of commercial advertising to help us with kill-filters would be a
very welcome advancement of the internet.  otherwise, if you want
suggestive jpg's, ask Thane for the file I sent him some time ago.
Thane, it's the "Comp.lang.cobol Monthly" joke magazine cover