From: Aaron Dalton
Subject: LISP Tutorial
OK, I'm really having a hard time finding pointers to a good Common LISP
tutorial (online or print).  Can anyone give any suggestions?  I'm a
_complete_ LISP beginner but I have programming experience in Perl, C++,
Pascal and such, if that helps :)  I _really_ appreciate any help!!

Cheers!
Aaron Dalton :)
<······@ieighty.net>

From: Alfred J. Reich
Subject: Re: LISP Tutorial
Aaron Dalton wrote in message <·················@ieighty.net>...
>OK, I'm really having a hard time finding pointers to a good Common LISP
>tutorial (online or print).  ...

A quick search on "Lisp Tutorial" at AltaVista
(http://www.altavista.digital.com/)
turned up the following link, http://apl.jhu.edu/~hall/lisp.html

Al Reich
From: Martti Halminen
Aaron Dalton wrote:

> OK, I'm really having a hard time finding pointers to a good Common LISP
> tutorial (online or print).  Can anyone give any suggestions?  I'm a
> _complete_ LISP beginner but I have programming experience in Perl, C++,
> Pascal and such, if that helps :)  I _really_ appreciate any help!!

Did you already look at the Association of Lisp Users website?

http://www.elwoodcorp.com/alu/

- Some of the links to tutorials there were stale last I looked, but
should be enough to get you started, anyway.

    ^.          Martti Halminen
   / \`.        Design Power Europe Oy
  /   \ `.      Tekniikantie 12, FIN-02150 Espoo, Finland
 /\`.  \ |      Tel:+358 9 4354 2306, Fax:+358 9 455 8575
/__\|___\|      ······················@dpe.fi   http://www.dpe.fi
From: Thomas Ohmueller

Hi Aaron,

the best I used was the online Lisp tutorial you find
under
http://apsymac33.uni-trier.de:8080/art/login-d.html
but it is time-intensive.
Others are
Lisp Primer
(file:///C|/_Projects/pkhrec/4_Documents_Products/Lisp_Primer/index.html)
and the
Lisp Hyper Spec (not a Tutorial, is the Lisp Spec; but with lot of good
example; I used it to learn Lisp)
(http://www.harlequin.com/education/books/HyperSpec/FrontMatter/Chapter-Index.html)

Have fun with CL ;-)

················@DLR.de

Aaron Dalton wrote:

> OK, I'm really having a hard time finding pointers to a good Common LISP
> tutorial (online or print).  Can anyone give any suggestions?  I'm a
> _complete_ LISP beginner but I have programming experience in Perl, C++,
> Pascal and such, if that helps :)  I _really_ appreciate any help!!
>
> Cheers!
> Aaron Dalton :)
> <······@ieighty.net>

--------------84E7924E43E4C9A7E57EEE63

<HTML>
Hi Aaron,

<P>the best I used was the online Lisp tutorial you find
<BR>under
<BR><A HREF="http://apsymac33.uni-trier.de:8080/art/login-d.html">http://apsymac33.uni-trier.de:8080/art/login-d.html</A>
<BR>but it is time-intensive.
<BR>Others are
<BR>Lisp Primer (<A HREF="file:///C|/_Projects/pkhrec/4_Documents_Products/Lisp_Primer/index.html">file:///C|/_Projects/pkhrec/4_Documents_Products/Lisp_Primer/index.html</A>)
<BR>and the
<BR><A HREF="http://www.harlequin.com/education/books/HyperSpec/FrontMatter/Chapter-Index.html">Lisp
Hyper Spec </A>(not a Tutorial, is the Lisp Spec; but with lot of good
example; I used it to learn Lisp) (<A HREF="http://www.harlequin.com/education/books/HyperSpec/FrontMatter/Chapter-Index.html">http://www.harlequin.com/education/books/HyperSpec/FrontMatter/Chapter-Index.html</A>)
<BR>Have fun with CL ;-)

<P>················@DLR.de

<P>Aaron Dalton wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>OK, I'm really having a hard time finding pointers
to a good Common LISP
<BR>tutorial (online or print).&nbsp; Can anyone give any suggestions?&nbsp;
I'm a
<BR>_complete_ LISP beginner but I have programming experience in Perl,
C++,
<BR>Pascal and such, if that helps :)&nbsp; I _really_ appreciate any help!!

<P>Cheers!
<BR>Aaron Dalton :)
<BR>&·········@ieighty.net></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------84E7924E43E4C9A7E57EEE63--
From: Raphael.Maree.
Le Wed, 25 Nov 1998 13:30:45 +0000, Thomas Ohmueller
<················@dlr.de> a �crit:

I think http://logic.tamu.edu/~colin/lp/lp.html is a correct URL. ;-)
From: Reini Urban
Aaron Dalton <······@ieighty.net> wrote:
>OK, I'm really having a hard time finding pointers to a good Common LISP
>tutorial (online or print).  Can anyone give any suggestions?  I'm a
>_complete_ LISP beginner but I have programming experience in Perl, C++,
>Pascal and such, if that helps :)  I _really_ appreciate any help!!

for a complete beginner i would also recommend a URL which was never
mentioned so far:

http://www.teleport.com/~dlamkins/sl/html/contents.html

there are some chapters of david lamkin's book (not finished) online,
which includes very fine overviews and tutorials. he made it until
chapter 6 of 34 so far...
david, go on! i will buy it.
---
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/autocad/news/faq/autolisp.html
From: David B. Lamkins
In article <················@judy> , Reini Urban <······@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
 wrote:

>Aaron Dalton <······@ieighty.net> wrote:
>>OK, I'm really having a hard time finding pointers to a good Common LISP
>>tutorial (online or print).  Can anyone give any suggestions?  I'm a
>>_complete_ LISP beginner but I have programming experience in Perl, C++,
>>Pascal and such, if that helps :)  I _really_ appreciate any help!!
>
>for a complete beginner i would also recommend a URL which was never
>mentioned so far:
>
>http://www.teleport.com/~dlamkins/sl/html/contents.html
>
>there are some chapters of david lamkin's book (not finished) online,
>which includes very fine overviews and tutorials. he made it until
>chapter 6 of 34 so far...
>david, go on! i will buy it.

Thanks.  I'm planning to write some more if I can get some time off at the
end of the year.

---
David B. Lamkins <http://www.teleport.com/~dlamkins/>