From: Joerg KIPPE
Subject: Help needed on ACL 3.0.2
Hi all,

I'm using Allegro CL 3.0.2 and I have the
following problem:

On top of a dialog window I have a widget a type
editable-text. Now I would like to catch the
return key when typing text to this widget to
trigger some action.
Does anybody know how to do this?
I've tried with

(defmethod event ((my-input editable-text
)(message (eql virtual-key-down)) buttons data
time) ...)

but it doesn't work.

Best wishes
Joerg

   Joerg KIPPE
   Fraunhofer-Institut fuer Informations- und
Datenverarbeitung
   Fraunhoferstr. 1
   D-76131 Karlsruhe
   Email:        ···@iitb.fhg.de
   Telephone:    +49-721-6091-337
   FAX:          +49-721-6091-413

From: Francis Leboutte
Subject: Re: Help needed on ACL 3.0.2
Joerg KIPPE <···@iitb.fhg.de> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm using Allegro CL 3.0.2 and I have the
>following problem:
>
>On top of a dialog window I have a widget a type
>editable-text. Now I would like to catch the
>return key when typing text to this widget to
>trigger some action.
>Does anybody know how to do this?
>I've tried with
>
>(defmethod event ((my-input editable-text
>)(message (eql virtual-key-down)) buttons data
>time) ...)
>
>but it doesn't work.

You probably should have a look at the delayed option of a editable-text
widget. Or just consider that in a pop-up dialog the return event goes to
the default-button and redefine the default set-value-fn of this widget

    (make-dialog-item
                  :widget 'default-button
                  :set-value-fn #'(lambda ...)
      )

Francis
--
Francis Leboutte
··········@skynet.be ········@acm.org  http://users.skynet.be/algo
From: Michael Tuchman
If I recall, the 3.0.2 version has an example of exactly this type of
thing in the Help Menu (see examples).  You can look at the code or
you can run the example, or both!

Let Franz, inc.  know if you cannot find it, but that was one of the
improvements to 3.0.2. - all the examples accessible from a menu.

It should also be in Ex/cg/Misc/readwin.lsp in your application
directory.

--
Michael Tuchman A Great way to avoid flame wars: all.SCORE has
("vs\\.?" -1000 nil r)