From: Steven Vere
Subject: copying text to Windows clipboard from Harlequin Lispworks?
   Does anyone know how to copy text to the Windows clipboard from
inside Harlequin Lispworks for Windows?  I've got hold of some Windows
3.1 text-to-speech software that can only get its text from this
clipboard.

Steven Vere

From: Steven Vere
In <·········@dfw-ixnews5.ix.netcom.com> ····@ix.netcom.com(Steven
Vere) writes:

>   Does anyone know how to copy text to the Windows clipboard from
>inside Harlequin Lispworks for Windows?  I've got hold of some Windows
>3.1 text-to-speech software that can only get its text from this
>clipboard.
>
>Steven Vere

  To clarify,  I am asking for a function that can be called to place a
text string on the Windows clipboard.  It is of course easy to do this
manually.

Steven Vere
From: Marc Battyani
Steven Vere wrote in message <··········@dfw-ixnews5.ix.netcom.com>...
>In <·········@dfw-ixnews5.ix.netcom.com> ····@ix.netcom.com(Steven
>Vere) writes:
>>
>>   Does anyone know how to copy text to the Windows clipboard from
>>inside Harlequin Lispworks for Windows?  I've got hold of some Windows
>>3.1 text-to-speech software that can only get its text from this
>>clipboard.
>>
>>Steven Vere
>
>  To clarify,  I am asking for a function that can be called to place a
>text string on the Windows clipboard.  It is of course easy to do this
>manually.
>
>Steven Vere

The easiest way to do this is to use a C function in a DLL and call it by
FLI.

Marc Battyani
From: Steven Vere
Vere) writes:

>   Does anyone know how to copy text to the Windows clipboard from
>inside Harlequin Lispworks for Windows?  I've got hold of some Windows
>3.1 text-to-speech software that can only get its text from this
>clipboard.

   I just received an answer to this question from Brigitte Bovy at
Harlequin support.  Here is the incantation:

(capi:set-clipboard (capi:convert-to-screen nil)
                    "AI lives!")

which places a string in the second argument, here "AI lives!", on the
Windows clipboard.  It works.  The required first argument is a capi
pane, which can be faked by the convert-to-screen call.

Steven Vere