From: Kent M Pitman
Subject: Re: CLTL2/CLTL3 & ANSI CL
If anyone saw Babylon 5 this week and the thing with G'Kar and his
people and the little statuette, you perhaps see a parallel to this
thread.

From: ···········@alcoa.com
In article <···············@world.std.com>,
  Kent M Pitman <······@world.std.com> wrote:
> If anyone saw Babylon 5 this week and the thing with G'Kar and his
> people and the little statuette, you perhaps see a parallel to this
> thread.

The statuette is CLTL2 and you want to snap it in two, in anger? And then
someone has to go away for two years?

As for me, I am not devoted to CLTL2. It's too thick for me. I prefer thinner
books like Graham's ANSI Common Lisp. I have two copies each with a spiral
binding so that it will lay flat. Will you at least agree that it's appendix
makes a handy pocket "reference?"

From: Reginald S. Perry
Thats pretty funny...

You know, if you post your address here, I'm sure we can round up a
few people to hang out outside your house with Kent statuettes. :-)

-Reggie
From: Kent M Pitman
·····@zso.dec.com (Reginald S. Perry) writes:

> Thats pretty funny...
>
> You know, if you post your address here, I'm sure we can round up a
> few people to hang out outside your house with Kent statuettes. :-)

Well, I was thinking Steele, actually.  With CLTL2 being held up as the
essential book of wisdom and all that.
From: Christopher B. Browne
On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 00:02:15 GMT, Kent M Pitman <······@world.std.com>
posted:
>·····@zso.dec.com (Reginald S. Perry) writes:
>> Thats pretty funny...
>>
>> You know, if you post your address here, I'm sure we can round up a
>> few people to hang out outside your house with Kent statuettes. :-)
>
>Well, I was thinking Steele, actually.  With CLTL2 being held up as the
>essential book of wisdom and all that.

I heard it the way you said it.

One difference is that I don't think there's anyone who's going to try to
assassinate Guy Steele because he won't return to the Narn and write
CLTL3...

Definitely some good B5 episodes as it winds down to the end.  Garibaldi has
returned to being eminently entertaining, which is a very good thing.

-- Henry Spencer          <http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/lsf.html>
········@hex.net - "What have you contributed to Linux today?..."