From: Pierpaolo Bernardi
Subject: Re: Compiling Executables

: Note that CLISP is GPLed, so you *must* make the file `myfile.lsp'
: available if you distribute the binaries.

This is not correct.  You are not required to distribute your source
if this source does not contain GPLed code.

If you want to distribute an image file, you can just supply your .fas
files to be GPL compliant.

Poka,
Pierpaolo
From: Pierpaolo Bernardi
Sam Steingold (···@goems.com) wrote:

me:  >> This is not correct.  You are not required to distribute your source
me:  >> if this source does not contain GPLed code.

: [IANAL - but I am pretty sure that the following is accurate.]

: This is irrelevant: *.mem is derived from the GPLed CLISP sources, so
: your product "lisp.run + myimage.mem" is a "derived work" wrt CLISP,
: thus you must supply the source code.
:  >> If you want to distribute an image file, you can just supply your .fas
:  >> files to be GPL compliant.
:                 ^^^ would be true is this read LGPL.

I was meaning the modified GPL used by Clisp. I should have made
that clear.

Pierpaolo