From: Matt Kressel
Subject: CLIM questions
Hello,

	I have started a major project in CLIM.
I have downloaded the CLIM II specification by McKay
& York.  It seems that the specification does not really
show any real world examples.  For example, I would like
to have an application-frame (which I have successfully done)
then have several standard pull down menus (i.e. File, Edit, Help)
from this.  Firstly, I can not guarantee the ordering
of these menus.  Secondly, how do I make sub menus, i.e. File: Open,
Close, Exit, etc..?

	Does anyone know of a good introductory book on CLIM,
or perhaps a good web site?  I have searched the net and only
found the specification, and a few obscure examples.  I think
from a beginners standpoint, the CLIM II spec is not where
to start.

	Also, I know LISP so only an introduction to
CLIM is necessary.  Thanks for any help!

-Matt

--
Matthew O. Kressel | INTERNET: ············@atdc.northgrum.com
+---------  Northrop Grumman Corporation, Bethpage, NY ---------+
From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: CLIM questions
In article <·················@inch.com>, Matt Kressel <·····@inch.com> wrote:

>         Does anyone know of a good introductory book on CLIM,
> or perhaps a good web site?  I have searched the net and only
> found the specification, and a few obscure examples.  I think
> from a beginners standpoint, the CLIM II spec is not where
> to start.

my personal lisp page has some pointers to CLIM stuff.
See http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/lisp.html#CLIM

--
http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig