From: ·····@my-dejanews.com
Subject: common lisp
I'd appreciate if  any one can tell me what is common lisp ? and where can i
get that.

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: common lisp
In article <············@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,  <·····@my-dejanews.com> wrote:
>I'd appreciate if  any one can tell me what is common lisp ? and where can i
>get that.

Common Lisp is a particular dialect of Lisp.  There are many
implementations of it; see the FAQ (whose location is posted weekly to this
newsgroup) for pointers to sources for different operating systems.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
Don't bother cc'ing followups to me.
From: Howard R. Stearns
Pointers to:
  newsgroups and the FAQ,
  books and on-line courses,
  free and commercial implementations,
  uses, comparisons, etc.,
as well as some introductory material are available at the Association
of Lisp Users web site, currently at
http://www.elwood.com/alu/table/contents.htm

Please let me know how it (does or doesn't) meet your needs.