From: MIKE SALIB
Subject: Interfacing to Java/C++ or translating
Does anyone know about software (preferably freeware) that allows Common
Lisp code to link with compiled java or C++ class libraries? I imagine
such a beast would use CLOS to present the imported class.

Failing that, does anyone know about programs to translate C++ or java
source code into CL? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Mike Salib
······@mit.edu
From: Matt Kressel
Subject: Re: Interfacing to Java/C++ or translating
MIKE SALIB wrote:

> Does anyone know about software (preferably freeware) that allows Common
> Lisp code to link with compiled java or C++ class libraries? I imagine
> such a beast would use CLOS to present the imported class.
>
> Failing that, does anyone know about programs to translate C++ or java
> source code into CL? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mike Salib
> ······@mit.edu

Allegro CL for Linux is distributed for free if you follow their
license.  It has the FFI (foreign function interface) package wich
lets you interface with C and other languages.

-Matt

--
Matthew O. Kressel | INTERNET: ············@atdc.northgrum.com
+---------  Northrop Grumman Corporation, Bethpage, NY ---------+