From: Jakob Friis
Subject: word delimitors
From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: word delimitors
In article <·················@cs.auc.dk>,
Jakob Friis  <······@cs.auc.dk> wrote:
>I have made a search function, but if the word "search-something" is in
>the buffer, my search function only finds the "search" word. How do i
>make the function recognize the whole word "search-something" ???

What functions are you using in your search function?  It seems like you
should be able to specify the word constituents or delimiters, and either
include hyphen in the constituents or not include it in the delimiters.

If you're talking about Emacs Lisp, its word-related functions use syntax
tables to determine which characters are constituents and delimiters.  See
the Emacs Lisp Reference Manual for details on this.  And if you want to
post for help, you'll usually find more Emacs Lisp experts over in
comp.emacs and gnu.emacs.help.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
Don't bother cc'ing followups to me.