From: Lolevelint
Subject: lisp - the standard tune
Long ago when cpu cycles meant something and lisp was young, the light from
lisp was white.  Now that lisp is written in C and refracted through the prisim
of many dialects, lisp's light is not as intense but of many colors.  Colors
are nice, I could live with colors but the mantel of AI diffused the colors to
a gray dim beam. Aye...to see a bright light again.  Was EMACS lisp's last
gasp?

Diogenes
From: rusty craine
Subject: Re: lisp - the standard tune
Lolevelint wrote in message <·····························@ng98.aol.com>...
.  Was EMACS lisp's last....
>Diogenes

Rained in the heart of Texas today and I couldn't  make my golf date.  Went

 http://www.elwoodcorp.com/alu/index.htm.   Instead....

Spent several hours with the links (yep it's a pun) from there.  One of the
links that caught my attention and imagination was a company dealing in
BlackBoard technology and software. I spent far too much time trying to
conjure what blackboards software did, as that became a little clearer...how
it did it do what it does.  that is still pretty foggy.  If the links from
alu mean anything, there could be life in lisp yet.  (btw how does
blackboard software really work? is it like the old cartoon...lots of
formulea on a blackboard. all leading to a constricted area with an arrow
pointing to constriction titled "miracle happens here".  shoot man, been
waiting for that miracle for years!)

(loop for rusty in miracle to long-damn-time......)
rusty