From: Gerald Smith
Subject: CL/Scheme advice
I am trying to   s-l-o-w-l-y   plow my way through the book:

     Essentials of Programming Languages

It is a Scheme book, but my language-of-choice is CL.

I tried to seek advice in the Scheme forum, but everyone was
busy there handling more important stuff.

My problem is, I do not know Scheme well enough to convert
all the hundreds of lines of example code in the book to CL,
yet my gut feeling is that the book has a great deal to offer
a CL guy, even though it is written in the Scheme dialect.

Is anyone aware of a version of Scheme <for the Mac> that
has "extend-syntax" in it?

I already have MacGambit Scheme, but it has no macro
ability at all.  Even the built-in  "macro" word that some
Scheme's have would not do me much good, because it
would entail a complete re-write of all the book code,
because it is substantially different than "extend-syntax".

Gadd, I miss the standardized macro facilities that CL has,
whenever I have to use Scheme.

Gerald
From: Gerald Smith
Subject: Re: CL/Scheme advice
Thanks everyone for the email responses to my request for
a Scheme for the Mac that has "extend-syntax" in it.

I will beat the bushes looking for supporting Lisp code
for the book: Essential of Programming Languages

My language is CL, so I might have trouble.  Don't even
know how to compile a Scheme by using a C compiler.

Egad, am I stupid.  Took years to get that way.  :-)

Gerald