From: David Betz
Subject: MCL 2.0.1 under OS8.1 on a PPC?
I'm trying to run an older version of MCL on my Powerbook 5300ce under
System 8.1 and it seems to hang on launch. Is there a way to get MCL
2.0.1 to run under OS8.1 on a PPC?

Thanks,
David Betz

--
David Betz
·····@xlisper.mv.com
From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: MCL 2.0.1 under OS8.1 on a PPC?
David Betz <·····@xlisper.mv.com> writes:

> I'm trying to run an older version of MCL on my Powerbook 5300ce under
> System 8.1 and it seems to hang on launch. Is there a way to get MCL
> 2.0.1 to run under OS8.1 on a PPC?
>
> Thanks,
> David Betz
>
> --
> David Betz
> ·····@xlisper.mv.com

I'm not sure there is a way for it on MacOS 8.1. I would not recommend trying
it. 2.0.1 is an old 68k version which will run very slowly
(due to the slow 68k-emulation) and not very reliably -
if at all. If you can, you should upgrade to the PowerPC native version.

The latest PowerPC native version is MCL 4.2. The latest 68k version
is MCL 3.3.

Digitool can give you more information, I guess.

Greetings from sunny Hamburg,

Rainer Joswig