From: Eric Marsden
Subject: CLX + Xauthority -> can't connect to display
Hello,

I am using MIT CLX as distributed with ACL 4.3 for Linux. My X server
is protected by the MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 security mechanism (ie X
clients must obtain authorization information from a file
~/.Xauthority). The program cannot connect to the display unless I
turn off all authorization for local connections.

The 'new-clx' distributed with CLISP (which is written in C) does not
have this problem, presumably because the Xlib library it links with
has been extended to extract authentication information automatically.

Has someone written some code to deal with this problem? I see two
possible solutions: either calling the Xau library routines, or
writing some code to extract the binary data from ~/.Xauthority.

--
Eric Marsden
emarsden @ mail.dotcom.fr
From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: CLX + Xauthority -> can't connect to display
Eric Marsden <········@mail.dotcom.fr> writes:

> Has someone written some code to deal with this problem? I see two
> possible solutions: either calling the Xau library routines, or
> writing some code to extract the binary data from ~/.Xauthority.

Look in the version of CLX in CMUCL (www.cons.org/cmucl).  There is
code there to process your .Xauthority and do the right thing so you
can connect to your server.

Look at get-best-authorization in display.lisp.  This is the heart of
what you need.

Ray