From: Richard Mann
Subject: Re: OpenGL bindings for Allegro Common LISP
Hello hackers,

I'm working on an API that allows me to call OpenGL (Mesa, actually) and
GLUT from Allegro Common Lisp.

Is anyone out there interested in this project?

I've got bindings and some simple examples, but I need help debugging it.
In particular, I'm having problems with GLUT event handling and callbacks.

Please send me Email if you're interested...

Thanks,

Richard Mann
····@research.nj.nec.com

From: Jason Trenouth
On 08 May 1998 21:43:28 -0400, Richard Mann <····@mann.nj.nec.com> wrote:

> Hello hackers,
>
> I'm working on an API that allows me to call OpenGL (Mesa, actually) and
> GLUT from Allegro Common Lisp.
>
> Is anyone out there interested in this project?
>
> I've got bindings and some simple examples, but I need help debugging it.
> In particular, I'm having problems with GLUT event handling and callbacks.
>
> Please send me Email if you're interested...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard Mann
> ····@research.nj.nec.com

Hi,

Harlequin's LispWorks already ships with an OpenGL interface. If you're not in
a position to switch vendor (:-j) then it may be worth standardizing an OpenGL
binding for Common Lisp. To contact Harlequin in either case:
···············@harlequin.com or ·················@harlequin.com.

__Jason
From: Mike Rilee
Subject: Re: OpenGL bindings for [RScheme, Allegro Common LISP]
Richard Mann wrote:

> Hello hackers,
>
> I'm working on an API that allows me to call OpenGL (Mesa, actually) and
> GLUT from Allegro Common Lisp.
>
> Is anyone out there interested in this project?

I'm interested but would be more interested in an OpenGL-like
sybsystem in CLIM.

PS.  I hacked a GLUT extension to RScheme that allows you to call
some GLUT and OpenGL functions interactively.  I changed jobs,
stopped working on that project, and thus avoided callback issues.
My prototype is at:

http://www.erols.com/mlrilee/Prog.html

--
Mike Rilee RSTX/NASA/GSFC Bldg 28/S207 Greenbelt, MD 20771
·····@gsfc.nasa.gov Ph. (301)286-4743/-4101 Fx. (301)286-1777