From: Peter Whincop
Subject: regexp for lisp
Hi,

Regexp for Lisp would help me a lot. I have found the regexp bundle at
ftp.cs.cmu.edu and untarred it. It is a c program with a way of Lisp using
the foreign piece of code. The doc explains to compile the .c code using
-G 0. I know nothing about C; when I tried to compile the .c code (it has
a makefile with the -G 0 information) in XEmacs, it said it did not
recognize -G. In order for me to use regexp, what must I do? Has anyone
implemented this?

Thanks,
Peter
From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: regexp for lisp
Peter Whincop <·······@fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Regexp for Lisp would help me a lot.

Most of the newer CLISP binaries contains two different binaries: The "base"
one (just the standard Common Lisp stuff) and the "full" one, containing
the regexp package from GNU, accessible via a foreign function interface.
Documentation is in the full/ directory too (regexp.dvi).

ftp://ftp2.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/

                 Bruno
                 <······@clisp.cons.org>