From: Bryant Brandon
Subject: Internet Lambda Calculus resources?
   Are there any pages on the internet where I can see a good introductory
explanation of Lambda Calculus.  Sorry for asking here, but this is the
only group I could find even remotely related.

B.B.       --I am not a goat!

From: Kent M Pitman
Subject: Re: Internet Lambda Calculus resources?
········@airmail.net (Bryant Brandon) writes:

>    Are there any pages on the internet where I can see a good introductory
> explanation of Lambda Calculus.  Sorry for asking here, but this is the
> only group I could find even remotely related.

A search at AltaVista for

   ("lambda calculus" near introduction) and alonzo

turned up several promising matches.  But a brief look at

 http://dworkin.wustl.edu/~kenw/cs455/f96/links/func-prog2.txt

suggests that it's got the info you want.  It's somewhat spartan
in its verbiage--if you need a lot of extra explanatory stuff, you
may need to pad from something else.  But I'd start here because at
a glance it seems to cover all the standard material in a very
clear way.  I'm bookmarking it myself for future reference.
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <···············@world.std.com>, Kent M Pitman
<······@world.std.com> wrote:

> ········@airmail.net (Bryant Brandon) writes:
>
> >    Are there any pages on the internet where I can see a good introductory
> > explanation of Lambda Calculus.  Sorry for asking here, but this is the
> > only group I could find even remotely related.

comp.lang.functional is also promising.

--
http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/
From: Bryant Brandon
In article <·······················@kraftbuch.lavielle.com>,
······@lavielle.com (Rainer Joswig) wrote:

>In article <···············@world.std.com>, Kent M Pitman
><······@world.std.com> wrote:
>
>> ········@airmail.net (Bryant Brandon) writes:
>>
>> >    Are there any pages on the internet where I can see a good introductory
>> > explanation of Lambda Calculus.  Sorry for asking here, but this is the
>> > only group I could find even remotely related.
>
>comp.lang.functional is also promising.

   I thank both of you.  Very much.
   Now, off to c.l.f!

B.B.       --I am not a goat!