From: Mike Mcdonald
Subject: Re: "Programming is FUN again" rambling commentary
In article <············@masala.cc.uh.edu>,
	······@exploited.barmy.army writes:
> In article <················@netcom.com>,
> Will Hartung <······@netcom.com> wrote:
>
> [Snip]
>

>>Lisps biggest weakness, now, for me, is it's hard to see the tree for
>>the forest. Scheme doesn't help because I usually can only find seeds
>>and pine cones.
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.  Would you mind
> elaborating?

  My interpretation of his remark is that, by design,
scheme gives you just enough so you can build
anything you want. But it's your responsibility to
build it. (Or figure out why the various pieces of
slib don't work together. (Old experiences.)) Common
Lisp, on the other hand, gives you everything you
could ever possibly want. But then you have to figure
out what subset is the right portion for the task at
hand. Sometimes, one has the desire for something in
between the two. (I'm more apt to use CL than scheme.
I'd rather prune than gather. But that's just me.)

  Mike McDonald
  ·······@mikemac.com