From: Shintaro Nakayama
Subject: What is the best to install?
I am planning to install Common Lisp implementation on the computer
of my college. The candidates are gcl, clisp, and cmucl. The target
computer is Sony NEWS-OS which uses MIPS R4400SC as CPU. Which
implemenatation do you think is best for use at computer center of
college? I'm using ACL Linux at home, so I can't judge which is the
best. If you have any idea, please mail me.

Shintaro Nakayama
Tokyo Institute of Technology
········@green.ocn.ne.jp
······@csc.titech.ac.jp

From: Pierpaolo Bernardi
Subject: Re: What is the best to install?
Shintaro Nakayama (········@green.ocn.ne.jp) wrote:
: I am planning to install Common Lisp implementation on the computer
: of my college. The candidates are gcl, clisp, and cmucl. The target
: computer is Sony NEWS-OS which uses MIPS R4400SC as CPU. Which
: implemenatation do you think is best for use at computer center of
: college? I'm using ACL Linux at home, so I can't judge which is the
: best. If you have any idea, please mail me.

You may ask to ··········@cons.org and to ··········@clisp.cons.org
whether the respective implementations do work on the computer you
have.

If they both do, I suggest you install both.  Let each user decide what
he/she/it prefer!

GCL does not appear to be maintained anymore (but I would like
to be shown that I am wrong).

Pierpaolo Bernardi

From: Pierpaolo Bernardi
[Sorry if you see this message twice]

Shintaro Nakayama (········@green.ocn.ne.jp) wrote:
: I am planning to install Common Lisp implementation on the computer
: of my college. The candidates are gcl, clisp, and cmucl. The target
: computer is Sony NEWS-OS which uses MIPS R4400SC as CPU. Which
: implemenatation do you think is best for use at computer center of
: college? I'm using ACL Linux at home, so I can't judge which is the
: best. If you have any idea, please mail me.

You may ask to ··········@cons.org and to ··········@clisp.cons.org
whether the respective implementations do run on the computer you
have.

If they both run, I suggest you install both of them.  Let each user
decide what he/she/it prefers.

GCL does not appear to maintained anymore (but I would like to be