From: Anthony Rispoli
Subject: Question--Reading streams
Could someone please tell me how to read from a stream that has been
connected to a specific port on a server?  I can send information just
fine through the stream(using format), but when I try to read it
(using read, read-line, read-char-no-hang,etc.), it just
sits there like there's no information there, even though should be a
reply coming through the pipe.

ant
From: Steve Gonedes
Subject: Re: Question--Reading streams
Anthony Rispoli <·······@kili.cis.udel.edu> writes:

< Could someone please tell me how to read from a stream that has been
< connected to a specific port on a server?  I can send information just
< fine through the stream(using format), but when I try to read it
< (using read, read-line, read-char-no-hang,etc.), it just
< sits there like there's no information there, even though should be a
< reply coming through the pipe.

It's hard to help without knowing more about your lisp, but some
things to maybe try would be listen, read-byte, and maybe even
clear-input.

You might get some clues by using type-of on the stream as well.