From: Vassil Nikolov
Subject: Re: Macros and local functions
On 15 Jun 1998 16:47:28 +0200,
Rainer Joswig  <······@lavielle.com> wrote:

>Imagine having a lisp file with the following three lines:
>
>(defmacro foo ()
>   (flet ((bar98 () t))
>      `(list ,#'bar98)))
>

>Just to make sure I'll write a proper bug report,
>compiling this file shouldn't necessarily
>be successful (Genera & LWW), since it will try to dump
>the function #'bar98 into the compiled file, right?
>
>Would it be desireable that it would work (MCL & ACL)?
>Should there be a warning?

I am not going to comment on the real issue here
(dumping functions to a compiled file).

There is something that I don't understand about
this particular example as it is given above.
Why should there be a problem with dumping #'BAR98
in this particular case?  If the above file is
compiled, the only function that does need to be
dumped is the macro expansion function for FOO.
What am I missing?

(Well, for one, I have missed some of the postings
on this thread, because of a lousy Usenet connection.)

Thanks for any answers,
Vassil.

Vassil Nikolov         <········@math.acad.bg>       (+359-2) 713-3813
Department of Information Research                       also 713-3818
Institute of Mathematics and Informatics        fax: (+359-2) 9713649
Acad. G. Bonchev, block 8, Sofia 1113, Bulgaria
From: Kent M Pitman
"Vassil Nikolov" <········@math.acad.bg> writes:

> (Well, for one, I have missed some of the postings
> on this thread, because of a lousy Usenet connection.)

You should learn about:  http://www.dejanews.com/
It is a big help in cases like this.  I particularly like
 http://www.dejanews.com/home_ps.shtml
from which you can search for a given subject or author
or topic string and get all the recent stuff.  It lags
a little behind a normal news feed, but not much.