From: Marc Mertens
Subject: socket interface in clisp
Hello , I have the following question concerning CLISP on LINUX and
sockets .

1. Does there exist a function simular to 'listen' which works on the
stream returned by
    (socket-connect port) ,  so that the following piece of code works
without blocking
       (setf s (socket-connect  9734)
       (if (listen s)
            (princ (read s))
            (princ "No input on socket"))

2. Is it possible to connect a handler function to a socket-stream (like

in cmucl) . What I
    want is a way to link a lisp function to a socket stream . The
function should be executed
    if input is available on the socket stream.

3. Does the read-eval-print loop has some hooks where we can call a
function when the
    user is no busy typing something in.

The raison I ask this questing is that I'm writing a client server
application using lisp
(actually a lisp debugger) where the lisp system can ask something from
the server
(easy , just send something to the server using the socket stream) and
if the lisp system
is idle waiting on keystrokes from the user , commands from the server
could be send
for execution to the lisp interpretor.

Thanks a lot in advance
········@akam.be