From: Georges KO
Subject: Common Lisp as an extension language for C programs
	Hello folks,

	Is there such a thing on Windows, like SIOD for Scheme?

	Thanks.
--
 Georges KO, Taipei         Alcatel Telecom Taiwan         ···@alcatel.com.tw
                                                     Day 4 of week 30 of 1998

From: Howard R. Stearns
See http://www.elwood.com/eclipse-info

Not only do you get a C library with all of Common Lisp (even the
control structure), you get a stand-alone ANSI Common Lisp system to
boot!

From: gregorys
Be forewarned, quote from
http://www.elwoodcorp.com/eclipse/platform-specific.htm
Eclipse Introduction: Windows platform Specific Issues:

The Microsoft Windows operating system utility for obtaining elapsed CPU run
time overflows after just under 50 days of continuous computer operation. A
computer running Windows for this long without rebooting will report
eroneous CPU run times.

Is this a joke?

--
········@one.net
Howard R. Stearns wrote in message <·················@elwood.com>...
>See http://www.elwood.com/eclipse-info
>
>Not only do you get a C library with all of Common Lisp (even the
>control structure), you get a stand-alone ANSI Common Lisp system to
>boot!
>
>Georges KO wrote:
>>
>>         Hello folks,
>>
>>         Is there such a thing on Windows, like SIOD for Scheme?
>>
>>         Thanks.
>> --
>>  Georges KO, Taipei         Alcatel Telecom Taiwan
···@alcatel.com.tw
>>                                                      Day 4 of week 30 of
1998
From: Howard R. Stearns
gregorys wrote:

> Be forewarned, quote from
> http://www.elwoodcorp.com/eclipse/platform-specific.htm
> Eclipse Introduction: Windows platform Specific Issues:
>
> The Microsoft Windows operating system utility for obtaining elapsed CPU run
> time overflows after just under 50 days of continuous computer operation. A
> computer running Windows for this long without rebooting will report
> eroneous CPU run times.
>
> Is this a joke?

I guess I'm not sure what you are asking:
- It is true that the run time mechanism on Windows will overflow within
50 days of booting.
- It is true that the Eclipse implementation of GET-INTERNAL-RUN-TIME
suffers from this limitation -- assuming you can actually keep a Windows
system up that long.  Perhaps your query aludes to the improbability of
this?