From: Kaelin Colclasure
Subject: What ever became of ILOG Talk?
Just wondering in passing... What ever became of ILOG's Talk product?
This was a Lisp dialect of the EuLisp flavor, with some fairly cool FFI
tools for C++ code. This seems to have vanished from the ILOG product
listing. :-(

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: What ever became of ILOG Talk?
In article <·················@talarian.com>, Kaelin Colclasure
<······@talarian.com> wrote:

> Just wondering in passing... What ever became of ILOG's Talk product?
> This was a Lisp dialect of the EuLisp flavor, with some fairly cool FFI
> tools for C++ code. This seems to have vanished from the ILOG product
> listing. :-(

If I remember right there is/was a free version for Linux on their FTP
server.

(looking)

<ftp://ftp.ilog.fr/pub/Products/Talk/linux/ilog-talk-3.3.tar.gz>
From: Bruno Haible
Kaelin Colclasure <······@talarian.com> writes:

> What ever became of ILOG's Talk product?
> This was a Lisp dialect of the EuLisp flavor, with some fairly cool FFI
> tools for C++ code. This seems to have vanished from the ILOG product
> listing. :-(

Sadly, yes. ILOG Talk is not in active development phase any more;
existing customers still get support for several years from now.

The free version for Linux/libc5 is still on our FTP server:
ftp://ftp.ilog.fr/pub/Products/Talk/linux/ilog-talk-3.3.tar.gz .

Bruno Haible                            net: <······@ilog.fr>
ILOG S.A.                               tel: +33 1 4908 3585
9, rue de Verdun - BP 85                fax: +33 1 4908 3510
94253 Gentilly Cedex                    url: http://www.ilog.fr/
France                                  url: http://www.ilog.com/
From: Kaelin Colclasure
Bruno Haible wrote:

> Kaelin Colclasure <······@talarian.com> writes:
>
> > What ever became of ILOG's Talk product?
> > This was a Lisp dialect of the EuLisp flavor, with some fairly cool FFI
> > tools for C++ code. This seems to have vanished from the ILOG product
> > listing. :-(
>
> Sadly, yes. ILOG Talk is not in active development phase any more;
> existing customers still get support for several years from now.
>
> The free version for Linux/libc5 is still on our FTP server:
> ftp://ftp.ilog.fr/pub/Products/Talk/linux/ilog-talk-3.3.tar.gz .

Sigh.

Well, at any rate, I applaud ILOG's decision to provide a free version for Linux
developers.