From: Kevin Haddock
Subject: Garnet 3.0 under Redhat/CMUCL:  Error in function C::BYTE-INTERPRET-BYTE:  Unbound variable: OPAL::AGGRELIST

Hi everyone:

I am trying to get garnet 3.0 going under CMUCL 18a and Redhat 5.0.
With some hacking and luck I managed to get most of it to compile (all
but the gestures), but now when I try to (garnet-load demos:tour) I get
the following message:

Error in function C::BYTE-INTERPRET-BYTE:  Unbound variable:
OPAL::AGGRELIST

This is during the process of:

It looks like this AGGRELIST might be something that is not getting
instiantiated.  Has anyone seen this problem.  I have perused the code
and don't see where this might be happening, except in response to a
(create-instance

For example in src/aggregadgits/aggrelists.lisp:

(create-instance 'opal:aggrelist opal:aggregate
 :declare ((:type ((or (member :vertical :horizontal) null) :direction)
   (integer :v-spacing :h-spacing :indent)
   ((member :top :center :bottom) :v-align).....

For example, here it would appear that 'opal:aggrelist is exported,
although the error message says it is looking for it internal (such as
maybe it is not defined yet?)

Any expert help appreciated in advance,

-Kevin

--
········@ecst.csuchico.edu

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those
who can't!

--------------4A8E68E80B246D957421BA69

<HTML>
Hi everyone:

<P>I am trying to get garnet 3.0 going under CMUCL&nbsp;18a and Redhat
5.0.&nbsp; With some hacking and luck I managed to get most of it to compile
(all but the gestures), but now when I try to (garnet-load demos:tour)
I get the following message:
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>Error in function C::BYTE-INTERPRET-BYTE:&nbsp; Unbound variable: OPAL::AGGRELIST

<P>This is during the process of:

<P>;;; Loading #p"/home/tools/garnet/src/gadgets/GAD-button-parts.x86f".

<P>It looks like this AGGRELIST might be something that is not getting
instiantiated.&nbsp; Has anyone seen this problem.&nbsp; I have perused
the code and don't see where this might be happening, except in response
to a (create-instance

<P>For example in src/aggregadgits/aggrelists.lisp:

<P>(create-instance 'opal:aggrelist opal:aggregate
<BR>&nbsp;:declare ((:type ((or (member :vertical :horizontal) null) :direction)
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; (integer :v-spacing :h-spacing :indent)
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; ((member :top :center :bottom) :v-align).....

<P>For example, here it would appear that 'opal:aggrelist is exported,
although the error message says it is looking for it internal (such as
maybe it is not defined yet?)

<P>Any expert help appreciated in advance,

<P>-Kevin
<PRE>--&nbsp;
········@ecst.csuchico.edu

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those
who can't!</PRE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------4A8E68E80B246D957421BA69--