From: Julien Diard
Subject: function visualization libraries??
Hello all,

I'm a student doing an internship in a research team working in
artificial intelligence, using probabilities as a basis. I'm currently
developing a program to visualize the distribution functions, and I was
wondering if I could somehow interface my program (written in lisp (MCL
on Mac PPC)) with mathematica or maple or matlab. I know it's possible
using mathlink in
mathematica, but I want to create something light, I don't want to have
mathematica open only for plotting one or two curves. So the question is

: are there any libraries (even in C, I can interface them with lisp)
that
offer that kind of services?? Some sort of equivalent of the quickdraw
3d libraries for 3d graphics, but for curves instead (ie, 2d or 3d, but
with manipulation of the axes and stuff...).
Thanks very much for any help

--
Julien DIARD
············@imag.fr
From: see.signature
Subject: Re: function visualization libraries??
On Wed, 08 Jul 1998 15:24:28 +0100, Julien Diard <············@imag.fr> wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I'm a student doing an internship in a research team working in
>artificial intelligence, using probabilities as a basis. I'm currently
>developing a program to visualize the distribution functions, ...

>: are there any libraries (even in C, I can interface them with lisp)
>that
>offer that kind of services?? Some sort of equivalent of the quickdraw
>3d libraries for 3d graphics, but for curves instead (ie, 2d or 3d, but
>with manipulation of the axes and stuff...).

have a look at xlispstat wich comes with statistical functions and graphical
libraries.

http://www.stat.umn.edu/~luke/xls/xlsinfo/xlsinfo.html

Marc
email: marc dot hoffmann at users dot whh dot wau dot nl