From: Dmitrii Pasechnik
Subject: Re: gcl for linux
Sam Steingold <···@usa.net> writes:

> I tried to compile GCL for Linux, and to my surprise, failed (the
> compilation errors appended). I have the kernel sources installed (and I
> have compiled my own kernel as well as numerous other software, so I
> am at a loss as to what could be wrong). I e-mailed Bill Schelter
> (···@math.utexas.edu) but he never replied, so, I guess, this newsgroup
> is my last resort...
Perhaps the problem might be that the standard C library which is
used by the distribution of GCL you got is newer/older than
the one on your Redhat 5 (I don't have it, so I don't know whether
it's based on libc6 or libc5).
Recent introduction of libc6 seems to have caused lots of confusion.

dmitrii